I posted this on one of the adoption agency Yahoo egroups. Think I can find a cure?
Hi,
My name is Christie and I am an adoption junkie! It started in 2000 when we
first held our 9 month old daughter inside the 7th floor hallway of the Majestic
Hotel in Nanning. Once we walked through the baby room where our daughter
spent the first 9 months of her life and I saw all those babies there....I KNEW
we would be back!
Even though my husband came home in March of 2003 with possible SARS and was
admitted to the hospital isolation room after we received our second daughter
from the Guangdong province in February 2003. I knew we would be back! Even
though they withdrew 600ml of fluid from his left lung and the CDC never told us
what the final diagnosis was...I knew we would go back!
After my husband had his carotid artery "unblocked" in 2005 and the CCAA wanted
us to wait until his surgery was "Older"....I knew we would be back! I didn't
know that we would actually travel to Texas to get our 11 month old daughter
from China and miss the trip to China for her. (adopted from a disolution) But
it was meant to be......and I knew we would go back to China!!
Coming home in October 2007 with a 5 year old daughter was completely different
than adopting a baby. But I knew we would go back to China again.
So arriving home September 5th, 2010 with our fifth daughter, a six year
old....I know I want to go back!!
But now....how do I cure a reluctant DH who says "FIVE is enough!!"
We were just paid one of the highest complements from good friends that they
think we are doing a wonderful job of giving each child individual attention and
they can see that each one of our children feel comfortable and that they
"belong" to our forever family.
So how do I convince my DH that we need a caboose...I feel we have a daughter in
China who was born in 2000 or 2001. How do I convince him that this really is
the last one??!! And then where do I plant a money tree that will grow very
rapidly?????
Please....any suggestions would be very welcome!!
Christie
Mommy to five princesses who happened to be born in China
DH Mark....who needs major convincing!
4 years ago





2 comments:
Christie,
Hi lady! I can't wait to see you on 10/9 @ The Reed's house! I have to t3ell you that this post had me laughing on the KASF board and now ROTFL on your blog complete with pictures. I could easily see YOU going back for #6. No doubt. You are a great Mom! I am sure that Mark will come around for a 6th time eventually! ;-) Happy Mid Autumn Festival!
LOL...cute post. I really don't doubt that if there's a will...you'll find a way!!
Your girls are all so lovely.....
Post a Comment