We walked out of the security area to a wonderful Welcome Home sign! We have been trying to get into a groove at home. The night after we arrived home, four of the girls had their awards ceremony to receive their camo belts! They had the ceremony at Sk8away and then the kids could skate afterwards. I used to love to skate, but now that I am old and my bones are probably more brittle, I don't think I will be doing that! Tessa, Kendalan and Jordis decided to give it a try and they all did pretty good. They did spend some time on their bottoms on the floor!!
Linzi had an appointment at our pediatrician's office on the 20th. Dr. Conroy does not think that the way she walks and her balance issues are related to cerebral palsy. She recommends that we enroll her in martial arts to help her with her balance. Our Taekwondo instructor really got a kick out of that recommendation!
Linzi definitely has more going on than we thought. Exactly what will take sometime to figure out. We are not sure if she is a product of her environment or if it has anything to do with the initial diagonsis she was given in China. She does have delays and we will be having our school district try and evaluate her and see what their recommendations are. We are hoping that we can get her enrolled in Kindergarten or Pre-school and start helping her learn. The more she is able to learn will be encouraging to us. At this point we are concerned that she may have learning deficits. However, we are praying that she does not. It is going to be a work in progress for sometime. She is cute as can be and has gotten over her fear of the cats and dog. She seems to love following her sisters around, but her attention span is very short. She has enough energy to wear us all out and fortunately she is ready to go to sleep very soon after she gets in bed.





2 comments:
Two Speeds: On and Off! I know all too well! Congrats on the new belts! I never learned to skate and am too old now!
Trish
Welcome back! Will be following your progress with Linzi. Fingers crossed for all of you.....
Post a Comment