I have been thinking that I needed to update family and friends on the going on's at our house. We have been pretty busy doing lots of different things, but at the same time we haven't been as busy as I think we have. I am seriously looking for a job. And I would like to get my job back at my same hospital. Since I have worked there for over 6 years and was vested after 5 years I hate to lose that. Plus, I really like most of the people that I work with! I have been applying and to date have applied for over 10 different positions there. I am hoping that the recruitment staff gets tired of all my applications and eventually will call me in for an interview. In the mean time we have had to switch over to Cobra insurance and of course after the first of the year the rates went up :( So now we have been filing for Obama care and so far it looks like it will save us some money and hopefully it will be good insurance.
I have also filed for unemployment. Since it seems that it will take a while to get my job back it was only a good idea to file for unemployment. I need some income here! I have my phone interview with them on the 4th.
Kendalan participated in the 3rd and 4th grade Spelling Bee. She did fantastic and we are really proud of her. She won third place which is the alternate position. So if one of the other two who won would be ill, Kendalan would fill in for that person. She was broken hearted that she spelled her word wrong. As soon as she spelled it she knew it was wrong. The word was bassoon and she spelled it with only one O. There were a lot of tears but she made it through. And there is always next year.
The girls participated in their first Taekwondo tournament in Abilene a couple of weeks ago. They were in the novice division as this was their first ever tournament. They were a little nervous, but they all did great. Kendalan was the first to battle. She took first place in her form and sparring. Next Tessa, ZoraLin and Jordis were all in the 9 to 11 division. Jordis and Tessa sparred each other and Jordis received first place in sparring, Tessa came in second and Zora was third. Tessa received first for her forms, Jordis second and ZoraLin third.
RaeAnne participated in the 12 to 14 level. She was the only novice in her group. So she took first for sparring and her form. All the girls were pretty excited to have gotten so many awards. I think they may have the fever and we have another tourny coming up in Springfield, Missouri in February that we may go to. Their Dad and I was super proud of the girls. Mr. McCollum has said that RaeAnne turns into a whole different person when she puts on her sparring gear. She becomes aggressive and really goes after her opponent.





1 comment:
So busy!
Post a Comment