Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Fall

This year has flown by.   It is so hard to believe that it is almost time for Halloween.   The girls and I traveled to Baldwin City last Sunday to go to the Maple Leaf Festival.   We have heard about this Festival since we moved here and we finally got to go!  It was 86 degrees and the wind was blowing and I managed to get my forehead sunburned.   





Baldwin City is home of Baker University and  there are lots of older, large houses in the downtown area we were walking through.   Many crafts that looked like fun to make and cool ideas.   

Some folks really like decorating for Halloween.   The girls posed in front of a house where it seemed like every evil person from the movies has come to live.






Many of the decorations actually were animated and quite gruesome.   And of course there were clowns!   Zora is not much of a clown person.  A couple of her friends came over one night during the clown fad and tried to scare her.   She was not falling for it!




It was a very beautiful day and I had a great time with the girls as later on that day they told me all the "fun" things they used to do as little girls.   I guess Zora had the younger ones convinced to sit in the closet and hold an egg in their hands because the egg would hatch.   Zora also liked to play teacher and make them do "Homework" so then she would print them off copies of coloring pages. She would also convince her little sisters to sit on the tricycle, in the back of the wagon and push them down our little hill for a ride.    The also used to "sneak" past their Dad while he watched TV with his headphones on.   No one can pry Dad from the TV when a good show is on :)    I am sure it wasn't that hard to sneak past him.    But it was funny to hear their stories.   Made me remember of when I was growing up and my friend's older sister would "make" us do things or "tell on us."   It is amazing when we are younger that we fall for that.   I told the girls that now they are "older" if any of their friends try to get them to do something they do not feel comfortable doing they can say,  "I had Zora as my older sister."  "I know better than to do what you are telling me."   



We were walking in the house and this caught my eye.   The weather has been so nice it was shocking to see a frog perched on our light outside of the garage.   He is getting quite fat eating all the bugs that are still flying around the lights at night.   He will be ready for winter and we are so glad he is here to cut back on the insects around our house!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the frog get up on the light?
What beautiful girls you have.
Thank you for sharing.
mm, vancouver,wa.

ourchinagirls said...

He is a frog and thus has little suction cup toes :) I also wondered how he could do this but we have seen them on our windows too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers