Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Say cheese!

ZoraLin's remaining front tooth has been wiggled every which way but loose. Today after school, I convinced her to let me tie some string around the tooth. Then I was going to talk her into tying the string on the door and let nature take it's course. Getting the string on her tooth in the first place was no easy task. She didn't seem to think it was a good idea. She finally relented.


Once the string was around the tooth, she decided that her parents do not always have very bright ideas! She did not want to tie the string to any door and letting anyone else touch the string was out of the question. So, I was going to take the string back off. Well, she didn't seem to think that was a very good idea either! Even though I assured her that I have taken sutures out many times she did not want me to clip the string in her mouth. Okay....but we were getting ready to go run some errands. Guess we can leave the string in?!! She wasn't too fond of this idea either! After 20 plus minutes of trying to explain to her that the tooth either had to come out or she had to hold still so I could cut the string.....Daddy grabbed the string and with one mighty yank....the tooth was OUT!!

Unfortunately I did not have the video camera rolling. The look on her face was priceless as probably was the look on all our faces except for Daddy's. I had no idea that he would pull the string. In fact, he said he didn't know he would pull it, but he was tired of waiting for ZoraLin to make up her mind! The tooth fairy was somewhat guilty tonight and a bigger bonus was added!

3 comments:

Debby said...

I've been maening to catch up!! Looks like you guys have had a nice, activity filled Fall, so far!!

Both Lindsi's top teeth are just starting to be loose. She is going to lose the next 2 on the bottom first (she lost the center ones & these are the ones on either side of those).

I think she will be toothless by Christmas!

Fun reading on you Blog!!!

Debby

The Montieth Family said...

Hi Christie,

When I read what your hubby did I got chills up my spine! :O *LOL*!
Poor ZoraLin definitely deserves a HUGE bonus from the tooth fairy tonight!! :) She looks cute with both teeth out, I love that age.

Your blog is always fun to read.

Megan and The Family
ourtwoeggrolls.blogspot.com

Diana said...

OMG! ROTFL! I can just see Mark doing that!!!!! Poor Zora, I vividly remember being in a similar situation when I was little. Glad to hear that the TF was generous!!
Diana

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers