Sunday, December 7, 2008

I never thought it would happen!!

Several years ago, I had begun to think that this day would never come. Lo and behold....today it finally happened! All our girls were on Santa's lap at the same time! ZoraLin has long been the one who vowed not to go near him. For several years in a row, she would promise me that she would sit on his lap at home, in the car and as we were walking through the mall towards him. But as soon as we were near, she would change her mind and no amount of pleading, begging and/or bribery would work. She was NOT going to sit anywhere near this guy. I am in utter amazement! And she was mad because he did not let her read her list to him!!

It was bittersweet for me to see this. The part that makes me bitter....our neighbor girl informed the girls that it isn't the REAL Santa at the mall. I hope I kept the faith alive in most of them. I explained to them that Santa Claus is very busy at this time of the year and it is very hard for him to be everywhere at the same time. I think they bought that explanation!

2 comments:

Debby said...

I LOVE that picture. Yea for ZoraLin....

My girl's would be awfully envious of those cute Panda shirts.

My 8 yr old nephew is having a cynical on the verge of disbelieving holiday.....we just tell him that if you don't believe, you don't recieve.

What's on the lists this year?

Jami went from wanting a doll, to a doll that talks, to a doll that talks & is dressed in PURPLE. Lindsi just wanted some art stuff.

Take Care,
Debby

Carla said...

The picture is GREAT!!! Even though Santa was very patient!!

What are your girls into this year??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers