Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!





Goodbye 2008....Hello 2009!! We decided to let the girls stay up to help bring in the new year. After I arrived home from work, I passed out the party favors. The girls don't quite understand the meaning of new years. They ran around the house, blowing their noise makers, with their beads, glow in the dark bracelets and 2009 hats saying "Happy New Year!" Then after a while, they wanted to know "What do we do now?" So we explained that New Year's happens at the stroke of midnight....kind of like Cinderella at the ball. When the clock starts at midnight, 2oo8 is over and 2009 begins! I think they kind of understand, but it is funny to watch their faces as they try to comprehend what I am explaining.



I have to work New Year's Day, so I am posting this early and then I will go join Kendalan who couldn't hang in there long enough. To all our family and friends here is wishing happiness and good health the whole year long! Happy New Year!!!



Update! All four girls were sound asleep before 10:45pm and in bed by 11:00. Mommy kind of hopes that they continue this tradition until they are....oh 25 years old or so!!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Ok, I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who DON'T get the whole New Year concept!! LOL

Debby said...

Saw your comment.....I was sad to have vacation end...partly because NOW I have to also finish doing the clean up from the holidays!!

Lindsi is very neat & orderly though & she already took off & put away all of the tree ornaments for me.

Happy New Year.....
Debby

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers