I have been MIA lately :( We really haven't had anything "fun" to report on. Spring break came and went. Bubby stayed with us for a few days then he had to return home for his new job orientation. He is going to work at W*lMart! He thinks that all he is going to do is be a cart person, or is it retriever? Somehow I bet he will be doing other things, only time will tell.
During spring break my honey do list became much shorter. I hired a handyman to come do some of the most important things. What could the important things be you may ask?!! For one, my hubby was going to change the light bulbs in the laundry room one day. I know, How many hubby's does it take to change a light bulb? Well, I received a phone call at work from him later that day. He said, "I hope you can do the laundry in the dark?" Seems that it takes more than one hubby to change the light bulb! He managed to pull the whole light fixture down off the ceiling. Well, almost off the ceiling, it was basically hanging there by the wires! We have some funky florescent lights in our laundry room and above the island in the kitchen. I am sure that this was the cheapest lighting that the contractor could find. Don't even get me started on the wanna-be contractor who slapped our house together!
So now we have a beautiful new light above the kitchen island, I can actually see to do laundry again and we have shelves in the garage and laundry room! Our deck is much more safe now too as he replaced one of the support poles that was very dangerous! I was so excited to have shelves in the garage and in the laundry room, I spent the whole next day putting things on the shelves! The weather was almost summer like that day. It really put me in a spring cleaning frame of mind!
My new shelves!!!
BEFORE
AFTER
Out with the old.........
Isn't this much better?!!
The weather cooled off the next few days, so we played "dump" in the basement with the girls' toys. We had almost two big boxes full of toys that were broken or the cheap things from kids meals! I now have many things that I need to price for a garage sale and the girls have "found" many toys that they had forgotten all about!!






1 comment:
Sounds extremely productive. I like how optimnistic you were that you even took BEFORE pictures!! lol......
Post a Comment