Saturday, March 7, 2009

School carnival


Tonight was Carbondale's school carnival. Last year Mark was at a gun show in Wichita and I took the girls to the carnival. Hmmmm.....I see a pattern here, this year I took the girls and Mark was at a gun show in Wichita again! I had been on a spring cleaning streak around the house today. I was proud of all the dents I made in piles of things that I have wanted to move for some time. All that work and no play (or better yet, sleep) for Mommy makes Mom kind of grouchy. The girls were the least put off by my sending them the "evil eye" periodically. When they are having fun.....everyone should be having fun too!
So they had a wonderful time! It took them a while to get into the swing of things. The cake walk was kind of boring when you don't win something, but watch out when your number is called!! Jordis spent 5 minutes trying to pick out just the right item for winning. Soft sugar cookies with bright blue frosting and sprinkles won her over! The girls REALLY wanted to get their faces painted this year like they had last year, but the line for face painting was super long and not moving at the highest rate of speed. After 15 minutes of waiting in line and counting how many were in line in front of the girls, I convinced them that our time would be better spent winning things than waiting to get your face painted.
Most fun the girls had.....the ring toss to win cans or bottles of pop. It was a win-win situation. If you didn't get a ring around a can or bottle, then you received a consolation prize....candy! The biggest prize of the evening. Each classroom puts together a basket of items with a theme. Jordis' class did summer fun, ZoraLin's was hot wheels and RaeAnne's was fishing. RaeAnne, ZoraLin and Jordis each had three raffle tickets to put into the drawing for the basket of their choice. What do ya know.....RaeAnne's name was drawn for the Chocolate Basket!! Oh mercy!! The sugar highs are on their way!!!
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the carnival next year. The school is being divided into three schools. Kindergarten through 2nd grade will be in Overbrook, 3rd -5th will be in Scranton and 6th-8th will be at Carbondale. Can't wait to see what happens!!!

1 comment:

Carla said...

The carnival sounds like fun. Our school doesn't have one. They do TONS of fundraisers, instead. I think they need to do the carnival instead!!!
Your girls are getting so big!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers