Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kendalan MianYi

Our baby turned four years old on April 24th. Since she doesn't attend school yet, I have been meaning to take her to the mall and have photos taken of just her. Well, today we did that. The studio that we have been using for our photos has many different props and I had noticed a really cute photo they had taken of a little girl dressed in her fairy outfit, sitting on a toadstool surrounded by flowers. It is an adorable picture and I wanted my Fairy Princess to have a photo done like that. So I took our Tinkerbelle costume complete with wings as one outfit. The other outfit was a beautiful pink frilly dress that Kendalan had actually picked out for herself just after Easter. "Cause you know Mom, Pink is my favorite color." she tells me!

Well the studio was not busy at all, so our photographer took her time and took some amazing photos of our baby. It was so hard to pick just a few out of all the photos she took to have printed. Kendalan is such a gorgeous subject and has the most beautiful dimples and oh my....she does have her Mom and Dad wrapped around her little finger!!



She tells me that she is saving ALL her kisses for me!! I am one PROUD Mommy!! She tells Daddy that he gets one kiss a day from her. :) And she tells me that she loves me the size of the earth! I tell her, " I love you to the moon and back! " She was dancing around the house the other day wearing a green beaded necklace. She stops by me at the computer and tells me, "Mom isn't this a beautiful chartreuse necklace?" I say, "Well it looks green to me, are you sure it is chartreuse?" She says, "Mom, of course it is chartreuse, you don't know your colors!" Guess I need to study up on my colors!!



After about 45 minutes of looking and debating, we did find some really nice photos to order. Then found out about an hour later that they were out of some of the printer ink they needed. So we will pick up the photos tomorrow and I will up load some of them here. Her eyes, her dimples, her smile....yep, she has it all and brains to boot! I can see boys falling all over her when she gets older. Good thing I have been telling her pretty often that she will NOT be allowed to date until she is 25 years old. LOL!

This little punkin princess turned 1 year old, 11 days after being placed in our arms. She was a quiet little thing that could barely sit by herself. In fact, if you sit her in a spot and she wiggled too much, she would topple over and not be able to get herself back into a sitting position. Her sisters were so thrilled to have a baby to care for! But of course, they wanted her to be able to do more with them. Kendalan watched her sisters like a hawk. You could just see that her mind was thinking "I want to keep up with these girls!" We got her April 13th, she was scooting herself around on the floor in less than one month, pulling her self to crawl just after that and by the time our adoption of her was complete on July 5th...she was walking all over the place! She has been on the move ever since! Same way with her speech. Now she can talk circles around her sisters! We hope she will be choosen to be a part of the preschool program our district is setting up. Kendalan would be one of the peer students that hopefully will help other kids catch up.

Kendalan, my sweetie, you are Mommy's baby doll and you will always be my baby. I know you don't like to be called Princess Ballerina, but in my eyes you are that plus so much more. Your dimpled smile makes my heart soar and your fun spirit is the best thing ever! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!! XOXO

2 comments:

The Montieth Family said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Kendalan!You are SO right-she is just beautiful!!! I love these pictures of her.

You are such a GOOD Mommy always having professional pictures taken....

I hope that we will see your family sometime-somehow this summer.:)

Debby said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad I scooted back to this post to see her pictures!! Watch out...good thing you have that 25 yr old dating rule...
I'd sign her up for karate too...lol....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers