Friday, October 2, 2009

~M~I~A~

Yes, I have been Missing in Action lately. Between getting the girls off to school each morning, doing laundry, cleaning house, working full-time, getting ready to have a farm auction and daily life in general....I have just not had time to blog.

The girls are really enjoying school. They are doing great with their routine of getting up, eating breakfast, brushing their teeth and hair, putting clothes on and climbing on the bus before 7AM each day. Sometimes...okay, many days....Mom and Dad crawl back in bed for a quick nap after they leave for school!


We have always had the tradition that when it is your birthday you get to pick the place we will go eat to celebrate. Jordis picked Red Robin for hers. The staff came over and sang Happy Birthday to her when they brought her ice cream. I think she had a good time!





Everyone else also had a great time. It is always loud at our house looking at this photo, I realize why now. I really didn't know that Kendalan had such a big mouth!



ZoraLin had a great big mouthful of ice cream too!



We are having Dad's farm auction on October 31st in Lenora. I have mixed feelings about selling all the machinery. Dad had asked me many years ago if I was interested in farming the land. I was getting ready to start nursing school and I asked him if he received a regular paycheck from farming. His answer was no and I still feel that I made the right decision. However, there are times that I will miss having the opportunity to go help with harvest. I am really sad that my girls will not have the chance to experience working the land, riding in a truck, on a tractor, playing in the back of the truck filled with wheat.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers