Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hula Hoops and Pumpkins







Tessa has been with us for almost two months now. We had a Mandarin speaking exchange student visit with her last weekend and Tessa told the student that she is still having trouble understanding English and she thinks our school here is hard. I don't doubt that! I would find it very hard to go to a foreign country where no one speaks my language or looks like me and try to learn something! Of course, I am considerably older and my language learning ablilities are absolutely zero! So all in all, we think that she is doing great! She also wants fried eggs for breakfast! Wow! A kid that doesn't want sugar laden cereal...how did we get so lucky?!!

We also found out that Tessa is a hula hoop champion! Anyway, her sisters have named her as such! They counted and she was able to spin the hoop around at least 130 times before she quit. They wanted me to count the revolutions, but I am taking their word on it. We have a new found interest in hula hoops here again now. I had purchased them for the girls a few years back and when no one was successful in doing it correctly, they tried to sit on them and roll them that way. Our round hula hoops became oblong very quickly and soon were in the trash. I think that these are going to stay round!





Today we headed down south to Augusta to the Applejack Pumpkin Patch for a KSAF get together. The girls had a fantastic time doing all the activities they have there. A pillow bounce, big slide, corn maze, petting zoo, tricycles to ride, train, hay rack ride, a chance to use old hand pumps to propel ducks for a duck race, plus many photo ops...just a great place! And for it being the middle of October...well, it was almost 90 degrees today! I actually had my face and arms sunburned!



1 comment:

Serving the King said...

Love it Christie! So glad she is settling in!! Quick question I have been meaning to ask you: did she come to you with any English at all? I noticed in some pics of the boys that their shirt said Chinese English Kindergarten so I wasn't sure if they are actually learning any? Thoughts?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers