Monday, November 8, 2010

November weather






We keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. It is November in Kansas and we have yet to have freezing temperatures for more than a few hours over night! It is not supposed to be in the 70's in November! I just drug the winter coats out of the closet a few days ago. The girls wore them to school and then drug them on the ground to the house from the bus!






So Sunday to enjoy the weather we drove around Shawnee Lake and stopped for the girls to run some energy off on the playground. It was a little windy, but we can handle a little wind. The girls discovered an Acorn tree and were very busy breaking open the acorns for the squirrels...until I told them that the squirrels probably prefer their acorns uncracked! So then they started lining up the acorns in a row. Seems they thought that maybe they could lure the squirrels to "follow" their trail. For what I don't know, but they thought it was a wonderful idea.
I wanted them to swing, climb, slide and run some energy off.





Hope the squirrels appreciated all their hard work!!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers