I find that I have been sorely lacking a slacker. As with Moms of many, as more kids come along the less things get done. In this case I have been very bad at keeping up with having a 100 Good Wishes quilt done for each girl. RaeAnne has one.
ZoraLin has one.
And Kendalan has one.
And that is where the cookie this Mom crumbled :(
So now I am begging asking all any of you to please help this Mom out. I need quilt squares and wishes!! I am willing to return the favor if any of you have slacked as I have need squares too. If you click on the link on this post that is highlighted "Good Wishes" it will take you to the site of Pam. Pam has made all three quilts for us. I hope to work with her again to get the last three girls quilts made. However, as I have said...I NEED SQUARES!! No I am not YELLING I am just stating the fact.
So please help us out. We are collecting 9 inch squares of preferably 100% prewashed cotton. Along with the square send a separate piece of the material along with a "wish" which can be a thought, poem, statement or favorite quotation. The wish can be on a 3x5 card and include your name and address so when the wishes are put in a scrap book and kept along with the quilt then the girls can see where the wish and fabric came from. This is really fun to sit on the quilt and compare the fabric to the quilt.....I mean that is for the three girls who have quilts.
Quilt squares can be sent to us at: The VanCamp Family
137 E. 123rd Street
Carbondale, KS 66414
This slacker mom Mom (and her girls) thank you SO much for participating!!!
And PLU...LEASE leave me comments...I need C.O.M.M.E.N.T.S. here people!! I feel like I am talking to myself here!!!







4 comments:
Awesome idea! I should do one, too. Trying to adopt, and maybe a early headstart would be good!
I will be happy to get a square in the mail for you. Blessings
You are not talking to yourself here! I pop in all the time to see what is going on! I live right down the road from you in Topeka.
Deb Harrop
I've got quilt squares to share. I've scheduled time next week to put the packages together so look for that later in the month.
Post a Comment