Sunday, July 14, 2013

A work in progress

We have been in our house for 5+ years now.   Our house was built by a wanna-be-contractor.   He did not know what he was doing but he tried.   Our patio is one of those things that he just didn't have a clue.  He used the cheapest wood he could and I don't think it had a lick of stain or protectant on it.  Two years ago we had to replace one of the support legs because it was warped and cracked so bad I was scared to even put my foot on the deck.  



Now the old deck is gone and the new deck is in progress!   It is going to be B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!   And it will add more living room to our house!   Dad thinks that it will be a great place for the girls to bring boyfriends in a few years so we can keep an eye on them.   Actually he thinks he will be in a rocker with his shotgun across his lap while he questions the boys about their plans with our daughters :)


Can't wait to post the finished photos!!

2 comments:

dawn said...

that made me laugh. Should have called him Pa in that post!

You have a beautiful home it is huge. My first thought was wow, I am glad I don't have to put hurricane shutters on all those windows.

ourchinagirls said...

I am glad that we don't have to put hurricane shutters on the windows too! However, we do have a tornado shelter in our basement. Looks are deceiving, the house is really not as big as it looks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers