Last night we celebrated Kendalan's Forever Family Day. Each girl usually has her restaurant picked out in advance. We start hearing about their choice each day for a week before and it changes each day. Kendalan evidently hadn't thought about it much. She started trying to decide about an hour before we were going to leave. Then everyone was giving her suggestions. She starts off with Golden Corral. I blew that one out of the water as we had just eaten there a few weeks ago. So I started naming all the places in town. Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Jose Peppers, Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, Johnny Carino's, Hunan, Coyote Canyon, HuHot and On the Border.
So all those choices and she finally chose Olive Garden. I am not sure what is different at Olive Garden. I had read an article last year that they were struggling to keep afloat. They have changed their menu several times...usually taking the things off that I like. They now have a seafood Alfredo. Yuck! I loved their Alfredo before but the shrimp in this tasted old and the pasta was not fully cooked. Of course, I can always blame it on the chemo! My taste buds have gone through a complete overhaul and I never know if things are going to taste "right" or "off." The salad has always been the best at Olive Garden. Well last night I could have sworn that they had changed the dressing. The crotons were a mushy crushed mess and the dressing was bland. And since I can, I will go so far as to say that our service the last two times has been the worst! Olive Garden makes the changes and the customer pays the price.
So we ate and Kendalan basked in the glory of HER day which is the whole point anyway :)
Happy Forever Family Day Kendalan MianYi..we love you to the end of the Universe and beyond and back many, many times!!





1 comment:
Forever days are the best...but for me referral days....can't beat em. happy forever day.
sorry dinner was iffy.
Hope you are feeling good and resting!!!!!! definitely resting!!!!!
Post a Comment