So two of our "handy" men who and this is just my opinion. Were slower than mud, over paid and really not so interested in working but really liked the income. Quit after being told that they did something wrong and were going to have to redo it. That slowed the process down as our contractor, who is retired and doing this kind of on the side of his other part-time jobs, was the only person working on the deck. Then the rain came. Boy did we need the rain so come back any day now! Then there needed to be more than one person doing some of the work. We were lucky that Jim knows some people who do this for a living! Then Kansas weather did what it is notorious for, it decided that since school started that summer should be here.
One day my hubby says, "Jim and his helper are here." I was somewhat confused as I knew the helper that was helping was busy with something else. He says, "Oh Madeline is helping him." WTF? Like I said, Jim is retired, most people know what that means, he is over the age of 65. I would guess he is over 70. So is his little, tiny wife! It was over 90 degrees outside. I felt like mud!! So here I sit in the house with my bald head shining wanting to go outside and help part of the time and the rest of the time worrying myself sick that one of them was going to stoke out or fall off the deck! Ack!
Things are moving along. The deck is completely done and walking on it is So. Much. Fun! The stairs are done! They are such a blessing! And now the pergola is started. They are putting up the railing and I love how it is going to look! I don't see us having a deck party soon, I know some of you are saying WHAT?, but look at it this way peeps....It will be cooler in October!!





4 comments:
It does look great though and think of the Hallloween party you can have out there ;)
That deck is amazing! It is going to be fabulous when it is done.
With the national attention that "rehoming" is receiving this week, do you wonder about the safety and well-being of the little girl you left? Do you wonder if your other daughters live fearful that they, too, could be abandoned? I do not mean this as judgment. I just think it is an opportunity for all of us in adoption to stop to think. Horrific that children were handed over to sex abusers.
Dear Anonymous,
No, I do not worry about the safety and well-being of the little girl I left. I know exactly where she is and she is with a WONDERFUL family who loves her for who she is. Her IQ level is under 40 which means she is very mentally disabled. Her new family does not care!! Had I left her in China I would always be thinking of her and wondering what happened to her. Now I just pick up the phone and call her new mom! My other child have no fear of being abandoned.
And each of our families have an lawyer in our state, ICPC is fulfilled as are all other requirements for the adoption to be completed 100% correctly.
Thank you Anonymous for worrying about my children but believe me I am a Mama Bear when it comes to any of my kids. I would not make the mistake of turning them loose with strangers.
Post a Comment