Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Last day in Branson

I am a few days late on this post.   After arriving home and unpacking I went to bed before 10pm and didn't get up until 10am!  Guess I was a little tired!

We were up pretty early again on Monday.   We packed, had breakfast and was at SDC before they opened the gates to the rides.   The girls wanted to ride Thunderation first and then down to the boat rides.  





Zora decided that she was going to ride Fire in the Hole again so we were there before a line had even formed.     We all rode this time and I think Rae liked it too.    Jordis and Kendalan wanted to ride the lift ride.    I noticed the clouds forming to the north and I parked my scooter under a roof and sent them to ride.   It was only a few minutes and the rain hit us!!   It was just sprinkling at first and then it started to pour along with thunder and lightning.    People were running to find cover.    We stayed under the roof until the rain stopped.    The girls decided they wanted to ride Thunderation again.   We arrived there to find that the ride was closed.   They said that as long as there is lightning within a 10 mile radius of the park they can not open the rides.   The only two rides that can operate then are Fire in the Hole and the Mine ride.   Fire in the Hole had a line so long that it looked like an hour wait for sure.   So we went back to the Mine and everyone except Zora and I went on it.  




We then decided to get a snack.   Tessa and Jordis wanted sweet potatoes while the rest of us like regular potatoes!    Then it started to sprinkle again.   We headed for the door!   We goofed off in the Hospitality House for a while waiting for it to stop raining.   Unfortunately it was not going to stop raining this time.    So we headed for the car.






So long Silver Dollar City for this trip.   We had fun and we'll be back!!   We did stop at Lamberts on the way home.


No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers