I used to think that no news was good news. Now I think that no comments mean that I am basically talking to myself here. Is anyone reading this blog? Does anyone really care? Hello? Is anyone there?? If so, please...seriously P.L.E.A.S.E. leave me a comment. I know that most of the things I post on are the mundane life of the VanCamp's, but every so often it is kind of nice to hear that I am not here alone.
School started September 20th. Oh dear, where have the years gone? Kendalan is in 4th, Tessa in 5th, Jordis in 6th, ZoraLin a 7th grader and RaeAnne is a F.R.E.S.H.M.A.N.!! No! I can not possibly have a 9th grader this year! It seems like just a few years ago she was going to Kindergarten. Rae had band practice a week before school started. They were practicing marching and playing the school fight song. I have to admit, in one weeks time they were looking pretty good. They then put on a performance for the parents/families and the kicker was that they marched in the Overbrook Fair Parade. They looked and sounded great! And that is a proud parent talking here! They have many more things lined up that they will be playing for. Mostly home games.
ZoraLin is playing Junior High Varsity Volley Ball. They started practice a few days before school started and they are staying after school until 5:35pm every night practicing. I can tell that all this practice has made a difference in Zora. She seems to have grown up! She is talking like a much older girl. She seems to have it all going on! And I am SO PROUD! I wish she would continue on and play basketball after VB is over, but she is not talking like BB is for her. She has this tendency to get hit in the head with the ball all the time and basket balls hurt!! But we will see what happens! She is #28 on the Volley Ball team. I will see if I can get her to pose for me in her uniform.
Tessa start band this year and has chosen to play the flute. So RaeAnne plays the flute, Jordis the clarinet and now Tessa the flute. Kendalan has said that she wants to play the trumpet next year. So we will have four in band. I hope that one of them may be able to get a scholarship to band in college. Oh Mom's wishful thinking! I am just tickled to death that they are doing great with their instruments!
Okay, for those of your who are reading this...please post a comment. It doesn't have to be anything long, just a hi would be great. Just so I know I am not talking to myself here!! I hope to post more exciting things! Thank you!
P.S. Thanks for the comments! I R.E.A.L.L.Y. appreciate them!





10 comments:
Hi
You have your own band!
And athletic league.
ME! ME! ME!
I think more people read that you think. I get like 2000 hits a week but one or two comments per week.
I know I'm bad about commenting. Alot times I'm on my kindle at night when I catch up on my blogs and I'm too old to one finger type on that thing to comment! ;)
The girls are getting to be so grown up!!! Love that they are all in band!!! Enjoy the school year.
Hi, I am still reading! I always enjoy seeing all the pics of the girls.
Hi, I am a grandma "wannabe", with no grandchildren. I am mostly homebound , and my hobby is following blogs of families with adopted Chinese children. I love to see their progress,once they adjust to their new homes and families. Bless you all as you head into the new school year.
mm,age 68, vancouver,wa.
Hi!
I'm here. I rarely comment on anyone's blog though, so it isn't about your content. I blog so I can remember what we do as a family.
To "MM", I'm in Vancouver, WA right now visiting my parents. I grew up here and lived in Hazel Dell. Small world!
Hi! I rarely comment because I have no "accounts" to comment with. I have loved watching your family grow, and I read every blog post. I am always here reading! I follow a few blogs of families adopting Chinese children.
RL
We are here!;)
Love to follow adoption blogs!
Blessings to you!
I'm here, too! I always enjoy your updates, as well as following you on Facebook!
Christie,
I read your blog! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Vonna
Post a Comment