One of the single Mom's from our first travel group has been living the last two years in Shanghai, China. Oh my yes, you can spell me all shades of jealous! Her oldest daughter is from RaeAnne's orphanage and while they are in China they are going to visit. She let us know of the visit and wanted to know if there was anything that she could take to the orphanage for us. We have in the past sent a small package with some updated photos and candies. I was thinking what will I send this time.
Then it came to me. Make a book on Shutte*fly and have our "big girls" translate it for us! I didn't spend as much time on it as I should/could/would have, but I still like the way it came out. When our friends (the Big girls) were here last weekend I showed them what I had done and asked them to translate for us. They were excited to do it and it opened some communication with the girls about speaking Chinese. Now I want to do this for the other girls :) Of course, I would love to be the one who delivered the book to the orphanage too.
It was easy to pick the photo I wanted on the front cover. Some of the photos in the book were kind of a hit and miss. I was trying to show them how she has grown over the years. Some of the photos were not very good to blow up but I think they will get that it was from the heart. I have heard that the orphanage director that took over soon after we adopted RaeAnne and her assistant have both retired in the last few years. I also know that the orphanage has had a closed door policy for many years. I hope she is able to at least get in the front door to the conference room.
Here is RaeAnne with her book. And I love the translations with the graphic photos!
The birthday cake!
And the smiley face. They are precious. I ordered a book for RaeAnne to have so she will remember that we sent the book to China.





1 comment:
What a fantastic idea. Love it
Post a Comment