Friday, May 17, 2013

Zora turns Eleven!!

It has been a very busy week here.   I had my first dose of chemo this week.  This was the last week of school.   And ZoraLin is 11 years old today!



Field Day at school was Tuesday.   It was the hottest day of the year so far, of course!   Dad and I walked around the track and found all the girls having a great time with their classmates.  





Wednesday we decided to take Zora out for our traditional dinner of choice.   She chose Olive Garden!  Yummy choice always!   Dad and I already had decided to surprise her with her birthday gift a day early so she could give all her friends her new phone number the last day of school which was Thursday!   So after we had ordered, Dad gave me the sign to call Zora's new phone.   It was priceless when he hands the phone to her and says "It's for you."   You could see that she still didn't understand what was going on.   Then all of a sudden it soaked in and Bingo!!   She was a happy camper!




Thursday was the last day of school.   The girls were excited to come home and put away their bookbags and things left over from the school year.   They were off the bus at 1:30pm and the fun began.   Okay, the fun of Mom saying lets get this stuff put away!   I was feeling kind of tired and had to push myself and the girls to get the basement cleaned up so Zora could have a sleep over for her Birthday tonight.

Wednesday we also surprised Tessa with cupcakes at school for her summer birthday.   She had asked me if we were going to bring anything and I said "I'm not sure."   She told me I lied to her and I said that I fibbed a little because we wanted to surprise her!



We surprised Zora with an ice cream cake tonight.  Her friends Alyssa and Jaelyn are here for a sleep over, I don't hear any signs of sleep at this time!






First dose of chemo...I felt pretty good the first two days, then the tiredness/lethargy kicked in.   I had a shot Tuesday to build my white blood cells back up and that caused me a lot of pain in my lower back.   I also had a lot of swelling in my ankles which I will speak with the doctor about Monday.  


What a week!!  

2 comments:

Trish said...

Happy Belated Birthday Zora! Keep fighting Christie!

Debby said...

Busy times...... Sounds like a nice birthday for Zora though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers