Thursday, November 7, 2013

Quilts

I posted this on my other blog To wrap you in love and blessings and I thought I would share it here too.   All the girls now have 100 Good Wishes Quilts!   I had been collecting squares for quite a while for Jordis' quilt.   For some reason I worried throughout Jordis' adoption that the Chinese Government would decide that Daddy and I were too old to adopt anymore and we might get to the point of travel and have them tell us "Oh so sorry, you are too old."   So I didn't really do much square and wishes collecting throughout the wait for her.   Plus it really went pretty fast.   We saw her in January and had her home in October.   After waiting 15 months for ZoraLin in 2003 and then the wait between Zora and Kendalan to 2006, well 9 months was very fast.

So when we started for Tessa I decided I needed to get serious about collecting squares for both girls.
I really enjoy swapping!  It is fun to get "nice" mail and I think I have a serious material addiction!  Maybe there is a 12 step program to help me with this?!  I have found myself pulling into JoAnn Fabrics and don't remember needing anything from there.   Then I leave the store with fat quarters and other materials!   Each material is more beautiful than the next!

My intention was to sew the quilts myself.   I had taken a couple of refresher courses when we lived in Lindsborg and had made a couple of smaller quilts to get the technique down again.   But when I found out I had breast cancer I felt that I needed to get the quilts done N.O.W.   I felt that everything needed to be completed now.   I had no idea how my battle would go and I wanted to have everything that I had started for the girls completed so that they would not think their old Mom had gotten busy and forgot about them.

Well the girls all have their quilts now.   Kendalan received hers not too long after we moved here.



Now Tessa has hers and she "Loves it!"



And Jordis has hers and she was a little upset about the border and backing at first but it has grown on her.   RaeAnne and Zora's are both REALLY large quilts.   They are full to queen sized.   I used to have them hanging on the walls in Texas, but haven't had that kind of wall space since we moved from there.  



I am still collecting for another quilt right now.   Time will tell if this quilt is put to use.   We are praying that it will be.  There is a little girl in China who literally saved my life.   If it wasn't for her I would not have caught my cancer in time.   She needs a home and what better home than the one who's Mama she saved!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Christie! I was just reading up on few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

Emily

ourchinagirls said...

Hi Emily I tried to email you on your blog but couldn't seem to figure it out. You can email me directly at christiev1@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers