Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tessa and I are on a little excursion!

Tessa is having surgery tomorrow morning!   She has decided to have her right hand fixed.    Actually she is having her extra thumb removed!   It was her decision to do this.   We had told her if she ever wanted to have it fixed or not, to let us know.   Well, a while back she visited with both her Daddy and I and now here we are!   The surgeon said that it was a great idea and the right time to do it.   One of the extra thumbs has two growth plates in it and it will grow twice as fast as the other thumb.   The little thumb then would make it hard for her to move her bigger thumb.   So the doctor is going to do her best to make one great thumb out of two mediocre thumbs.




It was rainy and cold today.   The weather forcast was for rain/sleet changing to frizzle and snow.   I made the executive decision to come to the Kansas City area so we were closer and would not have to fight the traffic and possible snow in the morning.   We arrived in time to eat a great breakfast at Bob Evans and then we checked into the Best Western Premier Hotel.   W.O.W.!!!  Nice digs!   Tessa was more than excited just about the room and then when I told her that the pool has a two story water slide it was YEAH!!    Her surgery is at 8:45a.m. so we will leave here around 7a.m.   Tessa will have
to be NPO, but I will sneak down and check out their full serving breakfast.





Tessa had a nice surprise from one of her teachers yesterday afternoon.   Mrs. Portlock stopped by with a gift for her for her surgery!   Tessa was excited and it is put away right now so she can enjoy it after her surgery.   And she will share with her sisters.

 We are ready to hit the hay so we can get up for the big day.   Please keep Tessa in your thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.   I will update tomorrow!

1 comment:

dawn said...

good luck Tessa. hope you have an easy recovery. Good luck Mama, these tings are always harder on us.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers