Dad drove with Bubby to Kentucky this week. Nick is doing a preceptor job for the same company that his Uncle Colin works for. Not a bad gig if you can get it. They left bright and early Tuesday morning and were in Kentucky by supper time. Mark then flew back to Kansas City today. Then when Nick is ready to come back to Kansas, Dad will fly out and ride back home with him.
So we were without Daddy for a few days here at home. I had a different girl in Daddy's place in bed each night. They start kicking me and out they go!! Fortunately I did not have to kick anyone out. I did have to push one over to their side of the bed before I could even get in the bed, but that was just a minor glitch.
Dad's plane was on time and he was walking off the plane when we all saw him. The girls ran up to him giving him big hugs. We headed right out to the parking lot and then decided to go to Legends to find something to eat. We had not eaten at T-Rex for several years so that is where the girls wanted to go.
We arrive at 3:20pm and the hostess took us upstairs and put us way back in the corner. Here ya go your waitress will be with you shortly. We check the menu all out and Mom had decided that the girls were all going to drink ice water instead of a $5.00 soda. Unbelievable! We sit and waited and waited and waited. We saw another smaller family come in and be seated and they took their drink order and they received their drinks and then they were ordering their food. In the meantime we are still sitting here waiting for someone to come over our way. Then a lady that looked like a mnager walked almost over to our table and stopped at the table behind us and then she took off after something. It has now been 30 minutes since they seated us and no one has been back to our table!! Finally the hostess who seated us brought up another larger family and seated them behind us. I hollered at the lady. She tried to ignore me but I was not going to let her get away. I yelled "Miss" she finally stopped and turned around. I said we have been sitting her for 30 minutes and no one has come to take our orders or anything. She said I will go find someone. 5 more minutes and the only person in the area is cleaning a table. So we decide to walk out. Yes...this is something that I NEVER do. But this was ridiculous!! We went back downstairs and I went to the hostess table and I asked to speak to a manager. They finally found us a manager and she found us a better place to sit and a fantastic waitress. They brought us a free appetizer and the waitress said that they would not charge us for sodas for the girls. And they took our food orders and put them in right away. The waitress took the girls and showed them the sharks in the tanks and then took them upstairs and showed them the clown fiish parents and their babys'. It was a bad situation that turned into a great time!! I will not become a regular complainer but today they just pushed the envelope too much. And especially as expensive that this place is...the service should be so much better than it was.





No comments:
Post a Comment