Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New flooring

When we moved into this house we were really happy with the carpet in the living room.   It was an upgrade from what the builder would usually put in a new house.   However over the last 5 years with a growing number of girls in the house and our dog and 2 cats the carpet has started looking bad. I have tried to shampoo it regularly and that helps for a short period of time, but I can't keep up with the ever puking cats!  






So we decided to put down wood floors!!   I have always loved the look of wood floors.   I have been told by about an equal number of people that I will either hate them or love them.   So I am anxious to see how much I love them!




Also we had the cheapest of cheap linoleum on the floor in our kitchen.   It is the same in our bathrooms and our laundry room too, but in those rooms it does not get the wear and tear it does in our kitchen.    So we also have put tile in our kitchen!   I love the look and I hope that it will wear so much better than the linoleum.




1 comment:

dawn said...

How lovely, it must be like having a new house. Can't wait to see the wood floors finished, I love wood too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers