So last time we were here it was snowing. This time it is 93 degrees and it is over the top! I think we can live with this kind of heat. I just wish that Mom had a energy pill to make me feel like zipping around. I was overtired from the drive down yesterday. Of course, we had a minor crisis on the way out of town. We were actually in Lawrence when it dawned on me that I had not grabbed our annual passes to Silver Dollar City. So we had to backtrack to pick those up. So instead of leaving at 9:30 AM we finally left at 11:45 AM. It could have been much worse and when we checked in at our Wilderness Cabin the lady said that she has had several say that their tickets are still at home. I would like to think that they could look us up on line and have the codes!
So we arrived about 6pm and Mom was exhausted! Stupid Chemo!! This whole dose has done different things to me than happened last time but the timing has been off some. I supposed it is building up in my body and will cause things to happen just whenever and not on a specific day. Last night I was freezing! Like teeth chattering freezing. Of course, everyone else was hot. So I cuddled under the blankets and finally warmed up about dawn this morning.
So that brings me to this morning. I had no energy P.E.R.I.O.D. How does one get going when it is like
the plug has been left unplugged for weeks and there is no electric source to plug it into? Fortunately my family has been so great at being able to keep busy and not make me feel like I am ruining their fun. Which I still feel like I am doing...but hey. I am here!
Out to eat tonight and then to Walmart to get a few snacks, drinks and some things that were forgotten when we were packing. I am going to give it the old college try tomorrow and we will go to Silver Dollar City.
As for the Wilderness Cabins. The girls were pretty excited to see that their bedrooms were in the loft! And even though the place is "rustic" it has air conditioning, bath room, TV what more could you want!!
4 years ago





1 comment:
So glad to read your post tonight!! I wondered how you were doing!! How did SDC go today?? More pictures!!! :) Have fun! xoxo! Love, me
Post a Comment