After getting the dogs to the vet and picking up some last minute things we headed out to Branson about 11:30AM. I had taken some Ibuprofen before we left, so I am good to go?! Along the way, even with DVD's to watch, the girls periodically were asking, "Are we there yet?". It has been many years since I have been in this part of the "woods". The mountains here are beautiful....too bad they have all the advertising for the shows as you arrive in Branson. *grin* it is still beautiful and so much better when you hear the girls in the back oohing and aahing!
We arrived and checked into our digs. Nice! Did I really get this on the cheap? The girls were quick to make their sleeping arrangements and spot the nearest pool.
We hurried to WalMart and the grocery store to stock our fridge. As we were walking through the store, I was getting dizzy with all the items....or maybe the store had nothing to do with it? Hmmmm....I am feeling a little under the weather. By the time we came back to our rooms, I felt like I was freezing, actually I was burning up and it hurt so bad to cough I was trying everything not to! After trying to rest in bed, and warm up, I decided that I should see if there was a Minor Emergency Care facility close by. A quick check with the concierge we found there was one just a couple of blocks from us. A another quick check, there is another one across town by the hospital.
We pulled up at the Minor Emergent Care parking lot at 7:45pm....the door has a sign that says they are open 8 to 8pm. Good we just made it! I jump out, walk to the door (or was it crawl at this point?) grab the handle and Click....it is locked! Closed!! The next step was the Emergency room around the side of the building. Three and one half hours later, I have two scripts for medicine, one very sore arm from needles and we are headed for our room. The nurse asked me when they were checking me in if I knew my temperature was 102? Nope....I just thought it was the humidity. Diagnosis URI.






No comments:
Post a Comment